Apply for a Grant
The Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation manages more than 275 permanently endowed funds. These funds were created by families, individuals, businesses and organizations to address a particular charitable purpose in our community. Because these funds reflect the diverse interests of our community, they are able to provide grants to a wide variety of community programs. Community Foundation staff will match your request with those endowed funds whose charitable purpose would be served by awarding a grant to your program or project. Representatives of these funds will review your application and make grant recommendations to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees. (You should not directly solicit any particular fund or fund representative.) The Board has the sole authority to authorize grants from the Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation. Monies for a single grant may come from more than one of the Community Foundation’s endowed funds.
2017 Grant Application Deadlines:
- January 24, 2018
- May 23, 2018
- September 26, 2018
- Youth Mini-Grant Applications Accepted Anytime
How to apply:
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Contact our Program Officer, Brittany Sherrill! Every applicant is encouraged to contact Brittany before submitting an application. She will review your proposed program or project with you to make sure it is eligible for funding and will answer any questions you have. Our job is to make certain you are providing the most complete information within your application as possible.
- Download the sample grant application questions or sample youth mini-grant application questions. These will give you an idea of the fields you will need to fill in and the support materials you will need to provide online.
- Connect to our Grant Application System to create an account and begin the online application. All applications must be submitted using this system. An organization may submit more than one application in any given grant cycle, but each application must come from a unique account.
- In several sections of the online application, you will be asked to upload supporting documents as attachments to your application. Attachments are only accepted in PDF format, sized to 8-1/2" x 11". Download instructions on PDF creation if you're not yet familiar with how to save documents in this format.
- We encourage you to download and utilize our budget template to submit with your online grant application. The second tab of this Excel file even shows you a sample budget! Don't forget to save the Excel file anew on your computer. Then it will be much easier to create a PDF of your budget document (see #5).
- Have questions? Contact our Program Officer, Brittany Sherrill, but please don't wait until the application deadline. Thank you!