Creating Your Own Named Fund
Whatever your philanthropic dreams, Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation provides expertise and flexibility in charitable giving. We will work with you to create a permanently endowed fund that is customized to your interests and your assets. Donors with the foresight to create these permanent funds provide a source to perpetually benefit the charitable organizations or causes in Isabella County they care about most now… and for generations to come.
Please consider the following as you consider creating your own named fund at the Community Foundation:
Identify your fund's purpose
- Do you want your fund to be flexible so that it can be used to meet the most urgent issues facing the people of Isabella County?
- Do you want your fund to focus on a particular area of interest such as the arts, the environment, recreation, youth, the elderly, health issues or emergency needs?
- Do you want your fund to provide support to a community organization you or your family has benefited from?
- Do you want your fund to provide a scholarship to help continue a student's education?
Decide if you want to be involved in awarding grants from your fund
- Do you or your family want to be involved in recommending which organizations receive grants from your fund?
Choose a name for your fund
- Will you name the fund after you, your family or your business?
- Will the fund be named in honor of or as a memorial to someone special to you?
- Do you want to include the purpose of the fund in the name?
Decide how and when to give
- What type of assets will you want to gift to your fund?
- Do you want to place the assets in your fund now or at death?