Isabella Community Credit Union Members' Scholarship Fund
In April of 2009, Isabella Community Credit Union (ICCU) established the Isabella Community Credit Union Members’ Scholarship. The purpose of the fund is to provide educational assistance to a soon-to-be Isabella County high school senior that wishes to continue their education through an accredited college, university or trade school.
ICCU wanted to establish a permanent fund that would keep on giving back to the community no matter what economic conditions exist. Having a fund permanently endowed at the Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation allows ICCU to contribute annually and build their fund. The goal is to build the Fund to a level that would guarantee scholarships year after year regardless of what is happening in the world.
ICCU President/CEO Jay Anders has “great aspirations for the fund” and hopes that “as many young people as possible pursuit their educational goals and dreams.” The credit union hopes that someday the recipients of the scholarship will return the favor by becoming actively involved in their communities.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Be a graduating high school senior from an Isabella county high school.
- Demonstrate academic ability with a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Plan to attend an accredited university, college or trade school.
- Not be an immediate family member of an ICCU employee, official family or board member.
- Financial need as expressed in their written essay.
- Applicant’s educational goals as expressed in their written essay.
2017 Scholarship Award: 2 - $750
Application Deadline: March 3, 2017