Dr. Thomas M. and Jayne Keating Scholarship Fund
Established in 2000, the Dr. Thomas M. and Jayne Keating Scholarship Fund was created as a way to support education and to give back to the community that has given us so much.
Dr. Keating, an Air Force veteran and orthopedic surgeon, established practice in Mt. Pleasant in 1975. He is the founder of Central Michigan Orthopedics. He was team physician for Central Michigan University athletics from 1978 until retirement in September 2014.
Dr. Keating and his wife Jayne continue to live on their farm in the center of Isabella County. They enjoy visiting with their four children, four grandchildren, skiing, sailing, hunting, fishing and riding their horses.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant shall be a graduating senior from an Isabella County high school;
- Applicant must be planning to enroll at an accredited college or university in the state of Michigan;
- Applicant must be planning to pursue a career in a medical field (MD, RN, PT, PA, etc.);
- Applicant shall demonstrate academic achievement with a minimum 3.5 grade point average;
- Applicant shall demonstrate achievement in school leadership activities and/or school extracurricular activities (such as sports, music, etc.) and/or community service;
- Financial need shall be a factor as expressed in the applicant's written essay.
2017 Scholarship Award: $500
Application Deadline: March 3, 2017