Shirley Lemorie Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Shirley Lemorie Memorial Scholarship Fund was created by Shirley’s family to honor her.
Shirley was a dedicated wife, mother, and friend. She believed in helping people in a positive “can do” attitude. Her smiling face was a reflection of how she lived. Shirley had a passion for reading and learning new ideas, and believed that education was important. She was a proud alumna of Shepherd High School and appreciated how SHS prepared her for college. Therefore, her daughters, husband, and family have established this fund in her memory with the goal to help a Shepherd High School student further their education.
Shirley Lemorie Memorial Scholarship Criteria:
- Be a graduating senior of Shepherd High School
- Have a 3.25 or greater GPA
- Have demonstrated involvement in school activities. (Athletics, clubs, etc.)
- Have demonstrated community involvement through service/volunteerism
- Be pursuing a 4 year or greater degree
- Have demonstrated leadership skills
- Have financial need (as expressed in the applicant's essay)
- Have been active in a Church Youth Group and/or involved with a mission trip to serve others
2017 Scholarship Award: $750
Application Deadline: March 3, 2017