Morey Technical Training Scholarship Fund
The Morey Technical Training Scholarship was established to assist students who are completing or have completed a trade program at the Gratiot-Isabella Technical Education Center and are pursuing post-secondary education in the field of manufacturing (specifically welding, machine tool, mechanical drafting, or pre-engineering). Scholarships are intended for students who will be, or are currently attending Mid Michigan Community College in pursuit of training/education related to their career choice. The scholarship is for tuition only.
This scholarship is awarded for a two-year period. Student must remain enrolled and in good standing with the college or university to receive the second year award.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must be completing or have completed a trade program at the Gratiot-Isabella Technical Education Center within the past four (4) years.
- Applicants must have maintained a 2.5 grade point average or better.
- Applicants must be planning to become enrolled, or are currently enrolled in a two year program at Mid Michigan Community College where they are pursuing a career in manufacturing (specifically welding, machine tool, mechanical drafting, or engineering).
In selecting qualified applicants to receive scholarships, reviewers will give preference to the following which are listed in order of importance:
- Applicant’s desire for a career in the field of manufacturing, as described in the required essay.
- Financial need, as described in the required essay.
2017 Scholarship Award: $4,000
Application Deadline: March 3, 2017