Robert F. Murray & Co. CPA Scholarship Fund
Robert F. Murray was an accountant and a staunch supporter of education. He started the Robert F. Murray & Company accounting firm that still bears his name and is now located both in Mt. Pleasant and Midland. His son Paul now runs the business and has established the Robert F. Murray & Company CPA’s Scholarship Fund to encourage young people who are interested to enter the field of accounting. Paul says this is a profession that can be very rewarding and is constantly in need of recruits who have, more importantly than good grades, a strong work ethic and logic. He also says that people in this profession, unlike him, of course, are often considered to be stuffy and boring. The great employees of Robert F. Murray & Co. would quickly dispel that rumor.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Student shall be a graduating senior from an Isabella County high school;
- Student shall demonstrate academic ability with a minimum 2.5 grade point average;
- Student shall be planning to enroll at an accredited college, university or trade school; and
- Student shall intend to pursue a career in accounting.
- Student has a strong work ethic, as described in the applicant's written essay.
- Student has taken and demonstrated aptitude in an accounting class(es), as evidenced in the
applicant's school transcript.
2017 Scholarship Award: $1,000
Application Deadline: March 3, 2017