Jeff Reedy Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Jeff Reedy Memorial Scholarship Fund recognizes and rewards a graduating senior in the Central Michigan area planning a career in the field of business.
Jeffrey B. Reedy was a dedicated husband, father and friend who died on January 19, 2003 as the result of a snowmobile accident. Jeff graduated from Mt. Pleasant High School and attended Central Michigan University. He was not able to graduate from college due to the financial needs of his family and therefore this scholarship fund was established by his family to honor him for all his hard work and success in his nearly 50 years of life in this world. Jeff was owner operator of Crawford Contracting, Inc. in Alma for 20 years. He had a strong head for business and a big heart for his family and friends. Jeff may have worked hard but he also played hard with hobbies including drag racing, snowmobiling, golfing, hunting and playing with his grandkids.
Proceeds from the Jeff Reedy Memorial Golf Outing that was started in 2004 go toward this scholarship fund. The Reedy family hopes that they can help students embark on a successful and rewarding career in business. Jeff touched the lives of everyone around him and this fund will provide scholarships in Jeff’s memory……forever!!
Jeff Reedy Memorial Scholarship Criteria:
- Student shall be a graduating senior from an Isabella county high school;
- Student shall be planning to enroll at an accredited college or university;
- Student shall be planning to pursue a career in the field of business;
- Student shall have been a participant in a sport(s); and
- Student shall have been active in the community.
- Financial need shall be a factor as expressed in the applicant's written essay.
- Specific desire to establish a career in the field of business as expressed in the applicant's written essay.
2017 Scholarship Award: $1,000
Application Deadline: March 3, 2017