Zonta Club of Mt. Pleasant Scholarship Fund
The Zonta Club of Mt. Pleasant Scholarship Fund was created to assist women in Isabella County pursuing a degree in science, health, technology, engineering or math at an accredited college, university or trade school.
Founded in 1919, Zonta International is a global organization of executives and professionals working together to advance the status of women worldwide through service and advocacy. Zontians all over the world volunteer their time, talents and support to local and international service projects, as well as scholarship programs aimed at fulfilling Zonta’s mission.
The Zonta Club of Mt. Pleasant was chartered on October 1, 1952. Since that time, the club has supported international projects to advance the status of women. It has also supported many local organizations and projects, such as Women’s Aid Service, Young Women in Science, Woodland Hospice, and Christmas Outreach.
This scholarship fund was established to provide access to education with the goal of economic self-sufficiency for young women in the community.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Student shall be a female, Isabella County resident (legal resident for 2 or more years);
- Student shall be enrolled at an accredited college, university or trade school;
- Student shall be pursuing a degree in the fields of science, health, technology, engineering or math; and
- Student shall have financial need, as expressed in the applicant’s written essay.
- Student experienced a delay of 3 or more years between high school and post-secondary education.
- Student graduated from an Isabella County high school.