Susan K. and Douglas E. Dodge Scholarship Fund
Sue and Doug Dodge established a scholarship fund to thank and benefit two communities that have had a great influence on the Dodge Family.
Doug’s career in education began in Reed City with a student teaching assignment. That beginning turned into a 17 ½ year professional relationship with the Reed City Public Schools. Doug’s first appointment as a public school superintendent was with the Shepherd Public Schools and it is the Shepherd community that the Dodges choose to make their home.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant must be a graduating senior of Reed City or Shepherd Community Schools.
- Demonstrate academic ability with a minimum 3.25 GPA.
- Demonstrate positive attitude toward school and community.
- Demonstrate strong community involvement and volunteerism.
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in public service (i.e. careers in the fields of education, health care, social services, ministry or political science).
2018 Scholarship Award: $500
Application Deadline: March 2, 2018