Feight Family Business Scholarship Fund
Both Keith Feight and Kurt Feight are graduates of Central Michigan University with degrees in Business Administration. The family has been involved in many ventures providing business services and improving the community through trust, honesty, and integrity.
The Feight family has owned, operated and been involved in many businesses throughout Isabella County since 1959. Such businesses include Mt. Pleasant Agency, Inc. – Central Insurance, McArthur Insurance Agency, Mt. Pleasant Realty, Inc. – Coldwell Banker, Valley Travel, Apollo Oil, Merchandise Outlet and Feight Apartments.
The family established the Feight Family Business Scholarship Fund in 2016 to provide financial assistance to individuals who wish to pursue careers in business studies through higher education.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Student shall be an Isabella County high school graduating senior OR Central Michigan university student who has completed at least 1 year of academic work toward a degree in business.
- Student shall demonstrate academic ability with a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Student shall plan to pursue a career in business.
- Graduating high school students shall be planning to enroll and attend an accredited college, university, or trade school in the State of Michigan.
In selecting the most qualified applicant to receive the scholarship, reviewers will give preference to the following, listed in priority order:
- Student has a strong work ethic, as described in the applicants written essay.
- Student has been involved in activities that indicate interest in the field of business (for example: Business Professionals of America, has employment history, entrepreneurial work, or vocational education.
2018 Scholarship Award: $600
Application Deadline: March 2, 2018