Isabella County Retired School Personnel Scholarship Fund
The Isabella County Chapter of the Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel (MARSP) is passionate about local schools and the valuable education taking place there. They established the Isabella County Retired School Personnel Scholarship Fund in 2015 to encourage students who have the desire and drive to pursue a career in the field of education.
The Isabella County Retired School Personnel Chapter is one of more than 100 Michigan chapters. MARSP is dedicated to promoting and supporting the rights and needs of retired public school personnel. MARSP is a clear and respected voice in legislature with expertise spanning more than six decades. Their mission is “to preserve, protect and enhance benefits and provide societal support that creates a dignified retirement for current and future public school retirees.”
MARSP is creating a future that will help students during and after their career in education.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply for the Isabella County Retired School Personnel Scholarship:
- Student shall be a graduating high school senior or current college student who graduated from an Isabella County high school*;
- Student shall demonstrate academic achievement with a minimum 3.0 grade point average;
- Student shall demonstrate community service involvement and/or work;
- Student shall be planning to enroll at an accredited college, university or trade school.
- Student shall be planning to pursue a career in education.
- Student has demonstrated financial need, as expressed in the applicant’s written essay.
In selecting the most qualified applicant to receive the scholarship, reviewers should give preference to the following, listed in priority order:
- Depth and breadth of involvement in community
*Scholarship recipients are welcome to re-apply in subsequent years.
This fund is currently growing and will award scholarships in the future.