Lemmer Family Scholarship Fund
The Lemmer Family Scholarship was created as a memorial to Mary Lemmer, wife of Claude Lemmer, Shepherd Public Schools Band Director for 37 years. Mary never missed a band performance in all those years, and she was supportive of both Mr. Lemmer and his students. The Lemmer Family Scholarships have been offered for the past fifteen years and available to deserving middle school and high school students who have participated in the Middle School and High School Bands. Scholarships are utilized to further instrumental music education through private instruction, music camps, or other types of musical growth experiences.
Lemmer Family Scholarship Criteria:
- Applicant must be a member of the Shepherd Middle School or High School Band.
- Intend to use this scholarship prior to December 31 of their senior school year. (Example: A student graduating in 2018 must use this scholarship prior to December 31 of 2017.)
- Be planning to improve their instrumental proficiency through private lessons, camps or other types of musical growth experiences.
- Student has demonstrated community Involvement.
- Student has demonstrated the willingness and desire to excel in their music.
2018 Scholarship Award: $700
Application Deadline: March 2, 2018