Charlie and Jane Kiel Scholarship Fund
In 2014, the Charlie and Jane Kiel Scholarship Fund was established to support graduates of Sacred Heart Academy who plan to further their education at Central Michigan University.
Charlie and Jane came to Mt. Pleasant to attend Central Michigan University. After graduation; they established careers, raised their families, volunteered and developed many friendships in the Mt. Pleasant area. This scholarship fund is meant to support youth in a community they are proud to call home.
Three generations of family attended Catholic high schools, and one graduated from Sacred Heart Academy. The Kiel Scholarship Fund is also meant to support future students of Central Michigan University because of their love of the University.
Charlie and Jane are excited to assist high school seniors as they seek to achieve their goals.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Student shall be a graduating senior from Sacred Heart Academy;
- Student shall have demonstrated academic ability with a minimum 2.5 GPA and maximum 3.5 GPA; and
- Student shall be planning to enroll at Central Michigan University.
- Student intends to pursue a teaching degree.
- Student has demonstrated financial need, as expressed in the applicant's written essay.